Here are some great tips from professional and fully qualified driving instructors Warrington.
1. Select the right gear Changing gears can be a nightmare for a first time stick shift driver. You need to know when and why you have to shift from one gear to another.
2. Apply the brake before shifting gears when starting
If you do not apply the brake before shifting gears to start, your car will roll either forward or backwards or suddenly lurch as if it was stalling. This could be dangerous.
3. Do not look at the gear shift stick while driving
Most new stick drivers are tempted to take a peak at the stick, but taking your eyes away from the road, even for a second, is dangerous.
4. Do not coast with the clutch in
The only times you should be pressing your clutch is when you start the car, stop or when you are changing gears. You should never use the clutch when coasting downhill.
5.. Do not stall every 5 minutes
To avoid stalling you need to always get into the right gear and never forget to engage the clutch when stopping.
6. Avoid grinding gears
You can avoid grinding your gears by fully depressing the clutch when you are changing gears
7. Do not ride the excessively, or unnecessarily
Do not rest your foot on top of the clutch, always put your left foot on the dead pedal.
#8. Do not change gears while turning the steering wheel
You need both hands to control a car, shifting gears takes away this control. It is better to shift before making a turn.
Visit our blog for more driving tips and advises from the best driving instructors Warrington.