Freeways are the type of multi-lane highways where traffic flow is not regulated such that there are no traffic signals, grade intersections and access to other facilities are provided by means of interchanges. Ideally, with freeways, drivers can hit the accelerator pedal as they wish. But this comes at a cost if one doesn’t get the facts right. Maybe you’ve just acquired your ride or you are the type who is so much into speed.
In this piece, I take you on what entails to be a good freeway driver with safety driving lessons Warrington being our utmost concern.
1. Don’t drive at speeds you are not comfortable at. Fast is relative.Given all the freedom to hit as high speed as possible, do one that you can easily handle.
2. When merging into the freeway, it’s paramount to first gauge the speed of traffic in the freeway before you signal. The speed rate you hit the ramp with should be close to that of the traffic stream.
3. Signal lane change. This is one rule of the thumb back at the driving school which we often tend to ignore.This account has accounted for over 30% of global freeway accidents.
4. Avoid mix driving. It’s no possible to do say 70miles per hour at the same time gluing your eyes on the phone.And even if you manage, still that is a bad practice.
5. Utilise the driving mirrors. Driver characteristics in a multi-lane road do vary a lot.This necessitates the need to look around in order to have enough time to react to them.
6. Check your fuel level. You don’t want to be enjoying the thrill of 90 miles per hour then all of a sudden the low fuel warning pops up.
7. Car maintenance. You can’t hit the freeway when your car brakes, transmission, and headlights aren’t functioning well.Doing otherwise will be a great recipe to your death.
It’s possible to make to have our freeways safe if we exercise some bit of caution informed by the above seven driving lessons Warrington tips.